Friday, August 07, 2009

Old Dog...New Trick...

You may remember me mentioning my broken cell phone. The part of the story I have yet to mention is the part where I used my upgrade to get my oldest child a new cell phone. Ergo, in order to get a new phone for myself, I must pay full price. Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of me attempting cardiopulmonary resuscitation on my husband because he just looked at the sticker price of a no-commitment cell phone. I will have to make do with what we have at the house for a while.

I took my SIM card out of the broken phone and inserted it into Hadley's old cell phone. She mostly just used it when she traveled with her grandparents and to text me while I'm trying to work.

Earlier today, I decided to check out the pictures she had taken with her phone. I was not prepared for it. Hadley and Ella came with me to work today, so I had to try really hard not to laugh out loud.


Her bedroom at the beach house.

Her hamster.
The Empire State Building.


Hadley and Layton...with the hamster...see it?




Self Portrait.



These are just a few. There are LITERALLY 30 pictures of her hamster! There are pictures of me ironing and cooking. There are snapshots of her brother putting away his laundry. It is so funny!
On a sad note, we went to orientation last night. Hadley is moving to the Intermediate School this year. She requested that I take her to Wal-Mart to buy a mirror for her locker. :( She's growing so quickly. Wait....why am I sad? Built in babysitter!

1 comment:

Sunshine Mama said...

Our life changed after our oldest daughter turned 12. Babysitter is right. Think...date nights, shopping without the kids around, little errands here and there without the gaggle of children hanging around you.
Those are funny pictures. My 5 year old will take my camera sometimes and I get some interesting shots.