Friday, November 20, 2009

Norman Rockwell...Eat Your Heart Out...

Preface: Yes, I know I scanned the first one crooked. Deal with it. :)

This weekend is the kickoff of the holiday season in Athens!!! Christmas Open House weekend is so wonderful!!! The stores in downtown usually have some type of sale going on...a horse drawn carriage provides the ambiance of yesteryear...Santa shows up for a photo op...Christmas carolers will be bringing the spirit to downtown...it is one of the best weekends in Athens!! The courthouse is already decorated with wreaths and garlands, and all the stores are beginning to smell of cinnamon and cider. My heart is overflowing with the warmth and joy of the season to come.

Norman Rockwell's images and artistry have nothing on my small town Christmas Open House. I am helping a friend this year too! Tammy (owner of Trinity's Gifts and Interiors) is one of my best friends, and she is expecting a baby girl. She needs to spend time resting not working open house, so I am going to be assisting in the store. YEA!! I am super pumped about it.




And, just look at this list of participants!!!




If you have time and are relatively close to Athens, I would highly recommend a visit to open house. Everything from clothes, candles, hardware, books, candy, and fine art will be available. Come get a jump on your Christmas shopping!!

1 comment:

KK said...

That sounds like so much fun!