Friday, July 13, 2012

Smile...


I look at these faces...




I look at these faces and smiles. I look at these faces and feel grateful and blessed. I look at these precious children of mine and remind myself that other children are not as lucky. 

Lacey Buchanan's story went viral on facebook back in May. Did you watch her video about her blind son? Did you google cleft palate or Tessier cleft after you watched it? I did. The first website that came up in my google search was www.operationsmile.org. I've been back there countless times in the past few weeks. If you haven't ever had a chance to see some of the information regarding Operation Smile, I would recommend visiting their site. I have set up a fundraising page and would love it if any of you would want to help donate to the cause. $240 is the cost of one operation, and I would like to raise that much.

I also learned about other ways you can help Operation Smile and help yourself or your child at the same time. Campus Book Rentals donates a portion of every college textbook rented to Operation Smile. When I was in college, I would have preferred to rent Intermediate Accounting as opposed to buying it!  I really would have preferred to rent all the tax books too; those things were expensive and only good for one semester because tax law changes every year. Sooo, if you have a college aged child or if you are taking a class yourself, consider renting your book. It saves you money and saves a child's smile at the same time!! Wouldn't it be nice if everything we spent money could help out kids in need!?!!!?