Friday, March 08, 2013

The BEST Chili

I mentioned my dear friends Shannon and Kim had a booth at the Chili Challenge. I had tasted their chili before this day and knew that it was deeeeeee-lish. Their booth was super cute too! I was so impressed.



I had to get a picture of Kim and Shannon. They were dressed alike. I tried to convince Shannon to dress up as Honey Boo Boo like she did for Halloween. :) That was a negative, Ghost Rider. 


Guess what! They won both the judges' choice and the people's choice!!! Like I said...it is really good chili. The hard part for me was keeping my mouth shut. I was on the judge's committee this year and counted the votes (not by myself, there were three of us), so I knew they had won hours before the results were announced. No lie. I ran. I knew that I would be overpowered by the urge to tell them they won, so I ran to the other end of the facility to pick up a Boston butt from another fundraiser going on the same day. 
 
Posted by Picasa

I was so excited for and proud of Kim and Shannon. Maybe they'll let me stand in the booth with them next year!!

Congratulations!